Terms of sale
TERMS OF SALE OF THE HAPPY PRAWN CO.
These Terms of Sale, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which Food Products are sold by Us to customers through this website, www.thehappyprawn.co ("Our Site"). Please read these Terms of Sale carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Food Products from Our Site. You will be required to read and accept these Terms of Sale when ordering Food Products. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Sale, you will not be able to order Food Products through Our Site. These Terms of Sale, as well as any and all Contracts are in the English language only.
You should print a copy of these terms of sale for future reference.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- In these Terms of Sale, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
means a contract for the purchase and sale of Food Products, as explained in Clause 7;
means the frozen products sold by Us through Our Site;
means your order for Food Products;
means the reference number for your Order;
The Happy Prawn Co. Limited, a limited company registered in England under 09256974, whose registered address is 3, Brindleyplace, Birmingham B1 2JB.
means customers residing in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, excluding Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Scottish Highlands, Channel Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Scilly Isles.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- Our Site, www.thehappyprawn.co, is owned and operated by The Happy Prawn Co., a limited company registered in England under 09256974, whose registered address is 3, Brindleyplace, Birmingham B1 2JB.
- Our VAT number is 285921078.
ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Our Site is only intended for use by customers residing in the Serviced Countries. We are unable to accept orders from individuals outside those countries.
YOUR STATUS AT TIME OF ORDER
By placing an Order on Our Site, you warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age; and
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are a resident in one of the Serviced Countries; and
- You are accessing Our Site from that country.
- We are unable to accept orders outside the Serviced Countries. Please note that We only deliver within the United Kingdom of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Scottish Highlands, Channel Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Scilly Isles).
FOOD PRODUCTS, PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Food Products available from Us correspond to the actual Food Products that you will receive. Please note, however, the following:
- Images of Food Products are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays, lighting conditions, and the fact that foodstuffs will naturally vary in appearance;
- Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of Food Products may vary.
- Please note that sub-Clause 6.1 does not exclude Our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Food Products, not to different Food Products altogether. Please refer to Clause 10 if you receive incorrect Food Products (i.e. Food Products that are not as described).
- All Food Product descriptions provided on Our Site include a full list of ingredients and nutritional information. We will also indicate if any Food Product contains (or may contain) any of the following which may cause allergies or intolerances (please note, however, all of Our Food Products are prepared in the same environment):
- Milk or lactose;
- Other nuts;
- Sesame seeds;
- Soya or soybeans;
- Sulphur dioxide or sulphites;
- We cannot guarantee that all Food Products will always be available. Stock indications are not provided on Our Site. If Food Products are unavailable on Our Site, you will not be able to add them to your shopping cart.
- Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to certain Food Products between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and dispatching the Food Products, for example, to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. Any such changes will not change any main characteristics of the Food Products and will not normally affect your use or enjoyment of those Food Products. However, if any change is made that would affect your use or enjoyment of the Food Products, suitable information will be provided to you.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated from time to time. Changes in price will not affect any Order that you have already placed with us.
- All prices are checked by Us before We accept your Order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, We will contact you in writing to inform you of the mistake. If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your Order, we will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your Order. If the correct price is higher, We will give you the option to purchase the Food Products at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part of it). We will not proceed with processing your Order in this case until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 14 days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of this in writing.
- In the event that the price of Food Products you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our Site at the time of placing your Order.
- Delivery charges are not included in the price of Food Products displayed on Our Site. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the Order process.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Food Products available from Us correspond to the actual Food Products that you will receive. Please note, however, the following:
ORDERS - HOW CONTRACTS ARE FORMED
- Our Site will guide you through the ordering process. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
- If, during the order process, you provide Us with incorrect or incomplete information, please contact Us as soon as possible. If We are unable to process your Order due to incorrect or incomplete information, We will contact you to ask to correct it. If you do not give us the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time of Our request, We will cancel your Order and treat the Contract as being at an end. If We incur any costs as a result of your incorrect or incomplete information, We may pass those costs on to you.
- No part of Our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you an Order Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
- Order Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Your Order Number;
- Confirmation of the Food Products ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Food Products;
- Fully itemised pricing for the Food Products ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- In the unlikely event that We do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order for any reason, We will explain why in writing. No payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days.
- Any refunds due under this Clause 7 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Food Products.
- Payment for Food Products and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process.
- We accept the following methods of payment on Our Site:
- Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Apple Pay (mobile devices only).
DELIVERY, RISK AND OWNERSHIP
- All Food Products purchased through Our Site will normally be delivered within 30 calendar days after the date of Our Order Confirmation unless otherwise agreed or specified during the Order process (subject to delays caused by events outside of Our control, for which see Clause 13).
- Once the Food Products have been despatched by Us, you will receive an email confirmation and/or text message confirmation (if you supplied your mobile telephone number at time or Order) from Our authorised courier company, advising the delivery date and estimated time slot.
- Only one delivery attempt will be made by Our authorised courier company with no further delivery attempts.
- Delivery will be completed when We, or Our authorised courier company, deliver the Food Products to the address you have given Us. If no one is available at that address to take delivery, We, or Our authorised courier company, will follow the delivery instructions provided to Us by you. If no delivery or safe place instructions are specified, Our authorised courier company will deliver the Food Products to a neighbour or leave it in a safe place that Our authorised courier company considers safe.
- The safe place location specified by you shall be within the area of the delivery address and shall be accessible to Our authorised courier company. We will endeavour to follow any delivery instructions you provide Us, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Our obligation to deliver the Food Products shall be fulfilled once Our authorised courier company delivers the Food Products at the safe place specified by you or is considered safe by Our authorised courier company or to a neighbour, if no safe place is provided or available.
- All Food Products will be delivered in Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) boxes packed with Dry ice in sealed packs. You are fully responsible to ensure the EPS boxes and Dry ice are disposed of carefully and responsibly (please note that EPS boxes are 100% recyclable and We recommend checking with your local council to see if they are able to offer a recycling service for polystyrene. Dry ice is considered a hazardous material and should be left to sublimate in a well-ventilated area. WARNING: do not open the Dry ice packs, avoid direct contact with Dry ice, do not play with Dry ice, do not leave Dry ice in a public area, do not dispose Dry ice in sinks, toilets or waste container).
- In the unlikely event that We fail to deliver the Food Products within 30 calendar days of Our Order Confirmation (or as otherwise agreed or specified as under sub-Clause 9.1), if any of the following apply you may treat the Contract as being at an end immediately:
- We have refused to deliver your Food Products; or
- In light of all relevant circumstances, delivery within that time period was essential; or
- You told Us when ordering the Food Products that delivery within that time period was essential.
- Once the delivery is completed (i.e. signed for by you, left in a safe place specified by you or considered safe by Our authorised courier company, or delivered to a neighbour if no safe place is provided or available), the risk of any damage or loss of the Food Products will be with the you. The Happy Prawn Co. shall not be held liable for any damage, defect or loss which may occur thereafter.
- You are fully responsible for any damages or losses due to any ambiguity regarding the safe place specified by you. The Happy Prawn Co. is not obliged to review the safe place as to its general suitability.
- Due to the nature of the Food Products, if you change the delivery date or upgrade your delivery, the risk of any damage or loss of the Food Products will be with the you. The Happy Prawn Co. shall not be held liable for any damage, defect or loss which may occur thereafter. You will have to pay any additional costs levied by Our authorized courier company and agree The Happy Prawn Co. will not be held liable for these additional costs.
- Refusal of the Food Products does not negate the charge, The Happy Prawn Co. will not be liable for any losses sustained by you relating to a refusal of delivery by Our authorized courier company.
- Ownership of the Food Products passes to you once We have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
- Any refunds due under this Clause 9 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Food Products.
PROBLEMS WITH THE FOOD PRODUCT
- By law, We must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information We have provided, and that match any samples or models that you have seen or examined (unless We have made you aware of any differences).
- If any Food Products you have purchased do not comply as stated above and, for example, are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect (or incorrectly priced) Food Products, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to inform Us of the problem.
- Please note that you will not be eligible to claim under this Clause 10 if We informed you of the fault(s), damage or other problems with the Food Products before you purchased them (and it is because of the same issue that you now wish to return them); if you have purchased the Food Products for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to Us and the problem has resulted from your use of the Food Products for that purpose; misuse or intentional or careless damage. Please also note that you may not return Food Products to Us under this Clause 10 merely because you have changed your mind. Please refer to Clause 11 for more details.
- Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this Clause 10 will be issued within 14 calendar days of the day on which We agree that you are entitled to the refund.
- Any and all refunds issued under this Clause 10 will include all delivery costs paid by you when the Food Products were originally purchased.
- Refunds under this Clause 10 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Food Products.
- For further information on your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- You may cancel an Order by email (and receive a full refund of any sums already paid) at any time before we process or dispatch your Food Products. Orders cannot be cancelled once they have been processed or dispatched.
- To contact Us directly to cancel, please use the following details:Email: email@example.com In each case, providing Us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and Order Number.
- We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve Our products and services, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
- Please note that, due to the perishable nature of the Food Products that we sell, you will not have a right to cancel under the 14 day "cooling-off" period given to EU consumers under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Pursuant to regulation 28(1)(c) of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, contracts for the supply of goods are exempt from the right to withdrawal if those goods are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. For the avoidance of doubt, the Food Products are exempt from the right to withdraw.
- Any refunds due under this Clause 11 will be issued to you within 14 calendar days of the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel your Order.
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Food Products.
OUR LIABILITY TO CONSUMERS
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of Our breach of these Terms of Sale (or the Contract) or as a result of Our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and Us when the Contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- We only supply products for domestic and private use by consumers. We make no warranty or representation that the Food Products are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity.
- Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these Terms of Sale seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL (FORCE MAJEURE)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described under this Clause 13 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms of Sale:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- We will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay;
- To the extent that we cannot minimise the delay, Our affected obligations under these Terms of Sale (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Food Products as necessary;
- If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 30 calendar days, We will cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 calendar days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled;
- If an event outside of Our control occurs and continues for more than 30 calendar days and you wish to cancel the Contract as a result, you may do so by contacting Us directly to cancel. Please use the following details: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org In each case, providing Us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and Order Number. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 calendar days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACT DETAILS
- If you wish to contact Us with general questions or complaints, you may contact Us by email at email@example.com.
- For matters relating to the Food Products or your Order, please contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For matters relating to cancellations, please contact Us by email at email@example.com.
COMPLAINTS AND FEEDBACK
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with Us, please contact us by email, addressed to Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (DATA PROTECTION)
- All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and your rights under the GDPR.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by Us in writing. Your rights under these Terms of Sale will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms of Sale will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms of Sale (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms of Sale.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms of Sale are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms of Sale. The remainder of these Terms of Sale shall be valid and enforceable.
- No failure or delay by Us in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms of Sale means that We have waived that right, and no waiver by Us of a breach of any provision of these Terms of Sale means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- We may revise these Terms of Sale from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If We change these Terms of Sale as they relate to your Order, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you will be affected by them and are not happy with them.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England, Wales and Scotland.
- If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Sub-Clause 18.1 above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales or Scotland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales and Scotland.